Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

noise reduction issue

i am no expert on this, but the last image i got like this one, I had not realised but there was very high cloud in the area i was imaging that I could not see.

My image was very much like this one. But i am sure someone else will be able yo help if it is a different problem.

Hope you sort it

velvet

Just a thought Danielle, but after you stack do you make a star mask. I think the idea is that you place it on top of the image as a mask layer. You might then be able to denoise the main image but the mask will protect the stars. Does that make sense. I haven't tried it myself yet, but that is how I understand it to work.

Grey halos normally result from being rather too aggressive with the stretching process. I'd suggest going back to the original image and run through stretching again. Be careful that you don't try and complete the process in one go, use several smaller iterations. Also, the curve shouldn't turn back on itself.

You will probably require a saturation boost during stretching.

There is a lot of noise in this image that'll be difficult to control although a gaussian blur will help. As Allan suggests, you can use a layer mask to help protect the stars.Is this a single image or stack? Noise reduction starts with averaging as many frames as you can accumulate at the telescope.

Andrew

Murk means noise!

However, the first thing to note on this image is that much of the noise is green. There's a freebie called Hasta La Vista Green on Rogelio Bernal Andreo's Deep Sky Colors website. I use a similar routine in Pixinsight, SCNR green. This colour has a lot to answer for in AP!

In general I'd noise reduce a copy of an image, paste it underneath and then erase the top noisy layer only where necessary.

Olly

Archived