Help for complete newbie

I am hoping someone can help me. We purchased a Skywatcher Explorer 130 for our daughter years ago and have lost the instructions. We would now like to actually use the telescope but have absolutely no idea of how to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello and welcome to SGL. This is a link to the EQ1/EQ2 manual that would have been supplied with your telescope http://www.skywatcher.com/swtsupport/Instruction_Manuals/GENERAL_EQ1and2.pdf. The manual covers a number of telescopes in the range so you may need to study it carefully first to work out which parts apply to the Explorer 130. If you have any problems don't hesitate to ask here.

Also if anyone has instructions they would be happy to share it would be appreciated

Guys I have a SW Explorer 130 on an EQ2 mount. As noted already, you may be able to download the destructions from the Skywatcher website. If not, PM me through the forum and I will happily scan mine and email them to you.

Scott.

Archived