Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron X cell Eyepieces

Hello everyone I m interested in buying one or two of these eyepieces i have noticed some on ebay,but in there title they have mentioned HAMA AHA who is this company? are they a company that owns Celestron or something or are these eyepieces clones or something.I notice one or two other makes having problems with clones,are these eyepieces ok? I would be gratefull if any body could shed any light on this for me.Thanks in advance from a relative newbie into this hobby!

The earlier X-Cel is not a particularly nice eyepiece (in my opinion), something i learnt the hard way. Bought the 10mm X-Cel to replace the 10mm MA supplied with the scope, actually preferred the cheap 10mm MA. Had serious eye placement issues and was not that well corrected for an F5 scope.

I believe the new X-Cel LX is whole lot better and well worth purchasing.

Yes the original X-Cels were known for eye-placement issues - you can get unbranded versions at a good price if there's a reason why it has to be that type of eyepiece.

The X-Cel LX, on the other hand, is - as you've observed - a completely different type of eyepiece altogether.

Archived