Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Hyperion Thread Size

smudgeball

Hi all

Had a search on forum and net but can't find an answer to this?

I've got a 13mm Hyperion EP and a 24mm Hyperion EP

When you remove the top rubber cover from the 13mm it reveals a thread that can be used with the camera t-adaptor that I have.

However when I try the t-adaptor on the 24mm Hyperion, it does not fit ?

It's close, but it appears to be slightly wider compared to that on the 13mm EP ?

I've asked FLO if they have any ideas?

Anyone seen or know about this issue?

I can't believe that Baader have put a different thread on just one of their EPs compard to the rest of the Hyperion family, but perhaps they have?

Regards

Neil

Ahhhhhh.....The penny has dropped :smiley:

So the T-adaptor I have is 42mm !

It just happens to fit the 13mm EP because it has a 42mm thread.

I thought what I was looking at was the same t-adaptor that I have, but like I say "Numpty" here has realised what the problem was.

Oh well, I guess that's why Forums like this don't mind daft questions.

Thanks for your help on this.

I'll have to wait for FLO to reply next week and get one ordered save me the embarrassment of saying "I knew that" when they reply.

Cheers

Neil

.....mind, £13 to make a 1mm adjustment :eek:

So if I may be so bold to ask, how many adapters do we need for the Hyperion system as I bought one last week for the 8mm.

Jim

I believe just the one to attach a DSLR for all the Hyperion range, the same Adapter also fits Pentax XW's, quite why they went the 1mm bigger thread to require the Adapter ring, is a mystery to me....

Archived