NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Who would like some of this?

MoonNut

Hello All,

I have about 16 Meters of luminous aluminium strip, it is from an aircraft floor escape path marking system.

It ia about 1" wide, a yellowish/greenish colour and glows in the dark for hours and it will not ruin your night vision!

It can be cut into sections as big or small as you want and can be used to show the ends of tripod legs, steps, doors, switches etc. etc.

All it needs is a few minutes of light.

I think people with observatories will find many uses for it and so will the "dark site" people.

I have tried to take a couple of pics to show the effect but they are not very good.

post-4691-0-78691400-1349877358_thumb.jp post-4691-0-83282100-1349877373_thumb.jp

Free to anyone who wants some, I will cut it in to 6" sections and post it. Just PM me :smiley:

Hello David,

I've been away for a few days and your package was sitting on the mat waiting when I got back.

It certainly works very well - I left the padded envelope in the lounge last night with the metal strip in it and when I went in in the dark, the whole envelope was glowing!!! There is way more than enough for me to attach to my tripod legs, so I'll be thinking of ways to use the remainder - one use will be to attach some pieces to the single USB cable that runs from the mount / cameras etc. to my laptop, I've always been concerned that visitors at star parties will trip over it.

It was a very generous offer and the strip really works well. I'm astonished you don't seem to have more people wanting to take you up on your offer. If you wish, I can move the thread to a different board.

Thank you once again.

Mike

No problem Mike, I went home to Devon last Friday, I posted 3 envelopes from the local post office after driving from Stanstead with them on the seat next to me, as I was queing I looked at the envelopes and I could see the strips glowing through the paper! and it was still daylight :eek:

I was worried the Post Office might think they were something a bit "dodgy", I have sent 6 shipments so far and I know 4 have made it through :grin:

Archived