Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New HEQ5 extended weight bar first light

proflight2000

Hi all, got my new extended weight bar from Steve at FLO and well what can I say, excellent bit of kit. Putting the new shaft in took all of one minute after i realised what 3 screws needed undoing. They are the three grub screws directly below the dec head where the telescope slips onto, undo the three screws, lift the dec head off, push out the old shaft, slip the new one in, refit the dec head, do up the screws and hey presto fitted.

I have trial tested it using the skywatcher 200 with the st102 piggy backed on top, i could not get correct balance with the smaller shaft, now with the longer shaft I add the two weights at the bottom and the whole thing is now totally balanced, the center of gravity plus the extra bit of weight of the bar has given me now total control over the balancing. I would thouroughly recommend anyone getting the new bar before they purchase any more weights.

With the size of the bar as well, any new weights you may have to get for perfection of balancing now have so much more room to sit on rather than being tightly knit. Wonderful item, highly recommended. I am now much happier leaving it all connected to the mount outside where as before i dare not just walk away incase the whole thing went for a spin on me. Just to add, the new bar is a complete twin of the old one, the protection screw at the bottom of the old one will fit the new one as well.

Archived