Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar Images 7th Oct in Ha

KE400

Hi Folks

It's been a while, but finally managed to get out and enjoy the Sun.

For the full disk, I've been attempting to use CS3 to remove the patchy look on the merge but to no avail still. Any advice would be greatly recieved.

Hope you like :smiley:

8063586357_cc55433fd0_z.jpg

Full Disk 07/10/12 by KE 400, on Flickr

8063588270_5ea929f56d_z.jpg

Sun Spot 07/10/12 by KE 400, on Flickr

8063585682_4e67190179_z.jpg

Sun Filament 07/10/12 by KE 400, on Flickr

8063584467_833191a676_z.jpg

Sun Filament 07/10/12 by KE 400, on Flickr

Super shot!

On CS3, is Photomerge on this version? if so, go to Automate - Photomerge - pick Auto and tick 'blend images together' and 'vignette removal' this usually works very well unless the images are really badly different in brightness and contrast.

Alexandra

Hi Kevin,

LS60 first light. This is 3 pictures taken through a double glazed window at work with a fourth for the prom. I wanted to have a go inside for the first couple of times until I get used to tuning the Etalon. All four pics are DMK21 with 2x and 500 out of 2000 frames for the surface with 280 out of 1000 frames for the prom.

i think the window has produced a bit of bluring of the image.

post-10602-0-07809200-1349723129_thumb.j

Super shot!

On CS3, is Photomerge on this version? if so, go to Automate - Photomerge - pick Auto and tick 'blend images together' and 'vignette removal' this usually works very well unless the images are really badly different in brightness and contrast.

Alexandra

If that doesn't work I use Paint.net, load each image as a separate layer, fiddle with the brightness and contrast settings until the frames look about the same, especially at the edges. I then place the best image on top and finally blend or fade the edges of the images until it looks smooth. Paint.net doesn't have an auto feature or vignetting removal tool so CS3 should be better.

Once it is as good as I can get it, I save as a jpeg and then further adjust the brightness, contrast and use the curves to highlight detail. I also use Paint.net to set the false colour and rotate or flip the image for the correct orientation, which I get from either Tilting Sun or space weather.com.

Thanks Robin, you've gotta be happy with 1st light through the window too!! Still picked up some great detail there well done.

Really like the colouring you use during processing.

Looking forward to seeing lots more from you and the new LS60 :smiley:

I'm finally having a 1st light with the edge 1100 tonight on Jupe, (it's been months since the purchase and has been killing me to get it out but haven't had chance until tonight!). Will let you know how I get on!

Archived