NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Neq6 not skewing to correct targets.

crashcat

Hello guys. I recently bought an neq6 and I'm having some issues with it. I've correctly polar aligned the mount, and I think I've put the correct lat and long into the hand set yet when I ask it to slew to say the moon or Jupiter which are currently quite high in the sky at the moment the mount decides to go into a completely different direction that's pretty far off of the object I've chosen to slew to. Is thee any ideas to what I'm doing wrong or if the mount has to have sme extra settings that I'm simply not getting right? Any answers would be a real help.

thanks,

Jim.

I think all of that is correct, i'm from reading so i believe my lat and long are: 51'28'09 N - 0-57'36 W. And that's what i'm putting into the mount - when i slew to the moon the telescope drops to nearly the horizon and can go no further while the moon is high in the sky.

Once the mount stops slewing, unlock the clutches and point your telescope at the first chosen star, capella in your case then lock the clutches again once the star is centred in the eye piece, now when you go for the next star it should be pretty close, you can align your finderscope once you have centred your star too, when your finished park the scope using the handset so its close for next time out.

current time and date is

04:40

10/04/2012

time zone +00:00

daylight savings "yes"

I think all of that is correct, i'm from reading so i believe my lat and long are: 51'28'09 N - 0-57'36 W. And that's what i'm putting into the mount - when i slew to the moon the telescope drops to nearly the horizon and can go no further while the moon is high in the sky.

If you have entered your coordinates in that order you wil need to reenter them. The correct format and order is 000 57 W 51 28 N.

Peter

As others have mentioned above it is most likely the Long and Lat, closely followed by the date - weve all been there and been caught out by it, myself included. Once thats entered in you need to perform a star alignment so the mount 'knows' where its pointing.

HTH

I am not sure if this will be of any help, but this video talks you through the handset setup and alignment process. I assume the basic setup and alignment is the same on an eq and az mount with regards to handset operation.

Archived