Help with registax

So I have modified a webcam and captured a load of nice looking footage with my new piece of kit, unfortunately, I have captured the files in a compressed avi format which registax doesn't seem to like. Uncompressing the files is out of the question, but I have heard that registax can deal with these files in 'extended mode', however the instructions on how to use extended mode are very unclear. Would anyone be able to explain to me how to put registax in extended mode. I have registax 6, if it helps.

I've had more luck with an older version of Registax, back to RS5. RS6 gave me numerous errors every time I tried to use it.

Another program I'm somewhat fond of for my web cam AVI footage is AutoStakkert. It's very simple to use and I've had good results (good enough for a novice like myself anyway).

Archived