Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New pair of binos was broken, what to do?

Offscreen

So I recently bought a pair of Celestron 15x70 binoculars from Astroshop and found that the plastic on one of the tubes was broken when I packed it up, addition to that the tripod adapter is missing. I have two alternatives I know of:

1. I live in Sweden so sending this pair of binoculars, getting them to check them and then returning a pair would take about two weeks. I know I'm going too Germany in December the 13 - 17 so I could just slip by and tell them they're broken and get a new one and besides that I get to keep these pair of binoculars til I get there, Celestron says lifelong guarantee so it should work right?

2. Notice Astroshop, send it back and wait several weeks to get a new one.

Also, picture of the damage:

4rJJi.jpg

So what do you think? Thanks.

So I know there isn't much of discussion in this thread but I think people would be happy to know how they handle this kind of problems. I wrote to them about sending the package back and they told me that they will send me a return ticket so that the shipping is free of charge. Despite them being pretty slow to answer my mail I think this is a good solution.

Thanks for everyone involved in this thread, like the input about how Europe warranty is restricted to two years and that this case goes under consumer protection laws.

Archived