NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A couple of DSO's from this month, M27 and M51

perkil8r

I've been leaning as much as I can but this processing malarky is a difficult beast. Anyway, here are two targets from this past month that I am now happy with.

M27 the result of a single night, 100 x 80 sec subs @ 800 iso using a modded 350d on a 200p/eq5 unguided and using Astronomik Clip LP filter. Darks and flats, stacked in DSS and processed in PS5

post-19503-0-00622700-1348452370_thumb.j

Next up is M51, the combination of 3 nights. 154 x 60 sec subs @ 800 iso details as above.

post-19503-0-52172700-1348452445_thumb.j

I am happy considering it's only since around March that I had the AP bug, and I've not had a lot of time under my belt. It certainly is a steep learning curve and a hobby requiring patience and dedication.

Edit to add: I am pleased with the results, especially as they are from my back garden less than 2 miles from the City centre!

Thanks for the comments :) I am happy with them for now. They would both improve with more data I am sure. M51 definately so, as soon as it is back from behind the tree I will try and add some more, hopefully pushing the exp times a bit further.

In both cases I have applied false Luminence in PS5 following a tutorial off YouTube. It certainly helps bring some of the detail to life, but it is easy to over do that so great care is needed.

Archived