NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter Sept 22nd f31

Space Cowboy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Michael, must be a bug on my stellaruim....thought I was doing well capturing Amalthea lol

Cheers Stewart!

Yes its 1.5x drizzle in AS!2, simply select the drizzle before stacking and then use registax for wavelets. When you say a mess on your data do you mean alignment cracks on the stacked image? This can happen if too many alignment points are used. I use alignment box size 50 (auto alignment points) which gives me around 40-50 alignment points (depending on image size).

Don't worry about asking questions, there are no secrets. :smiley:

In my experience the "crazy paving" or fractured image tends to happen when there's a significant difference in contrast and/or brightness between stacked frames. When stacking hundreds or thousands of frames I've not worked out how to avoid that yet though.

James

I wonder if that's something PIPP could help with. It can already stretch the histogram by a fixed amount. Perhaps it would be possible to "normalise" them (after sorting into brightness order if required). I shall try to get my head around it and then perhaps talk to Chris.

James

James,

PIPP's histogram stretch function does normalise the frames. If you select a histogram stretch of 80% all frames will be stretched (or compressed) so that each ones maximum pixel values are at 80% of maximum. The stretch is done (as are all operations on the processing tab) after sorting the the frames into brightness order, so that order of the frames will not be affected by the processing.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived