Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sequence Generator Pro with Canon DSLR

AndrewG

Does anyone know why SGP needs the camera (canon eos 5d mk2) set to manual instead of bulb in order to run?

As the camera is in M mode every 30 secs through the exposure you can hear the shutter release, after complete the file is saved / named as the sequenced exposure. As an example I have taken a 90 second exposure during which you can here the shutter release after 30 seconds, and 60 seconds; checking the saved file properties in windows it's detailed as a 30 sec exposure? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In manual mode the maximum shutter exposure is 30 seconds on most Canons regardless of what the software is telling you. Only in bulb mode can you extend the exposure to as long as you want. With the 5D MkII and other Digic 4 cameras some software, like DSLR Remote Pro, can over ride the physical position of the Mode dial and automatically switch between manual and bulb internally for the over 30 second exposures

Never seen this before so just reading about it, are you using the trial version or the full version, just wondered if the trial version is limited to 30sec no matter what you input, just a thought.

Jim

Thanks Kev, one answer at least :)

I've just looked up the software site myself and it does say the software is fully featured for 45 days, but I like APT and Remote Pro for most of my work, or a fully user programmable Camera Axe for anything else

Thanks for the replies...

The software is a trial but supposed to be fully functional and does not seam to overide the manual setting given the shutter release every 30 seconds?

It feels like glitch in the matrix; If anyone (or Neo) knows the issue it would help as I do not want to part with my dosh until I know it works with my kit.

Thanks for the replies...

The software is a trial but supposed to be fully functional and does not seam to overide the manual setting given the shutter release every 30 seconds?

It feels like glitch in the matrix; If anyone (or Neo) knows the issue it would help as I do not want to part with my dosh until I know it works with my kit.

It's probably worth joining the SGP yahoo group for an answer or just accept that APT is cheaper and works :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using the SGP trial then it is a must to join the mailing list. Both Jared and Ken, the developers will be more than pleased to answer any queries you may have. The program is under ongoing development and is gaining features very rapidly. As a capture program with excellent plate solving and many other excellent features it is really worth looking into. Current additions include automated meridian flips. Future developments include drift alignment. It is worth a serious look.

If you are using the SGP trial then it is a must to join the mailing list. Both Jared and Ken, the developers will be more than pleased to answer any queries you may have. The program is under ongoing development and is gaining features very rapidly. As a capture program with excellent plate solving and many other excellent features it is really worth looking into. Current additions include automated meridian flips. Future developments include drift alignment. It is worth a serious look.

Joined the mailing lists and after dealing with Jared the problem (which was with the software and not the camera) will be sorted on the next beta issue so that the EOS 5D can be in bulb mode :smiley: .

I would say that the response from the developers was really good so I'm sure once I get to try the Beta it will be worth using.

Thanks for all the posts!!!!

Archived