Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North America - finally sorted

I posted an image earlier of this that I had processed on my laptop - unfortunately the graphics setting on it meant it looked great - as long as you were looking at it on that laptop :-)

I've been trying to get some clear sky time on this object since I bought my QHY8 last year and got my Teleskop Service 65mm astrograph earlier this year.

Earlier in the month I grabbed some captures under hazy skies and was disappointed.

This time I got 100 minutes (5x20min) and plenty of data to reveal the nebulosity around the southern reaches. Great fun to see what the camera could do under good conditions on this one.

Tonight I'm Pelican hunting har har!

David

post-1878-0-06723000-1348078374_thumb.jp

With some help from the people on the PAIG forum I've managed to get the red even more under control than it was - finally :-)

I had the same problem with the Rosette Nebula last year but had forgotten how I'd overcome it - DOH!

David

post-1878-0-64916400-1348171107_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

....and here is my final, final, final take on this after more help from Dennis over on PAIG :grin:

Just taking it easy on the upper end of the curve helps a huge amount

post-1878-0-50951700-1349208964_thumb.jp

Archived