Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice with AA5 & Nebulosity 3 Demo's

ribuck

Hi All,

I decided to download both Nebulosity 3 & AstroArt 5 demo's to have a look at them and i ran into a few problems.

Firstly with Nebulosity, I tried using both the built in driver and the ascom version of the driver for my QHY9, but when i tried capturing with either, all i got was a black image with 3 thick white diagonal lines in the image, yet I capture with Maxim and it's perfect.

Has anyone come across this before with Nebulosity 3 ?

Now the second issue. I tried setting configuring AstroArt5, i managed to get my QHY9 talking to it fine, but i was unable to get the guidecam working, as the guide cam setup button was greyed out. I installed the AstroArt driver for my QHY5 guider but still dont seem to be able to set it up as the guider setup button is still greyed out and inaccessible.

Anyone got any idea's on either of these issues ?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. It's a bit of s tarnge one, as every other application is able to read from the QHY9 without any issues. I guess i'll just have to email the author and see how i get on with it.

Anyone out there know if there is any special trick required to get the QHY5 working with AstroArt5 ??

Rich.

Hi All,

Just in case anyonr else it having problems like me,

Apparently if you want to run 2 ascom camera's at the same time, you need to make a copy of the d_ascom.dll file, then save it as d_ascom2.dll and then this will allow a second ascom camera to be run in a single session of AstroArt. In my case QHY9 & QHY5, both using the Ascom Driver.

Rich.

I'm pretty sure the demo version of Nebulosity generates those lines purposely to corrupt the image so to speak; as it's not restricted in any other ways and allows saving of the image. Whereas AA5 doesn't allow you to save the image at all.

I'm afraid I can't check as I'm rebuilding my system at the moment but I'm fairly certain that is the case.

Archived