Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 with QHY-8

Mike Hawtin

Thanks nmoushon, I have stretched it too far but after a while on the pc I start to get a bit punchy and lose objectivity. I only use bias and flats and don't bother with dark frames as I have read that they are not really necessary with sony chips. Perhaps someone with more experience will come along and put me straight (or not).

Mike

I use darks but i have a DSLR not a CCD so can't argue with you if you said you heard otherwise about darks. I've heard something similar in regards to the CCD and not having to take darks or bias....cant remember which it was...oh well hopefully some one can fill in the info on that. I don't think you've stretched to far...maybe just a touch too much but not that much. I think anyways. The colors and details or nicely composed. The cores a touch burnt out but thats an easy fix. Not sure how to bring the noise down besides darks...well of course more lights...but other than that not sure what else to do. Again I've got no experience with CCD so hopefully someone else get pipe in with some helpful info cuz I think you've got a great image.

Archived