Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

110mm f/7 'frac + 2" 4x Powermate...

Takahashi

Anyone had any experience of the above combo? I've used my 2x PM with the scope, and it's great, but I'd like to get a bit "closer" to Jupiter this winter, and maybe some up close 'n' personal Lunar pics, preferably without having to use EOSmovieRecord's 5x re-sampling function. As good as it is, I'd prefer purely optical magnification if poss. I'm planning on getting the 2" 4x + T-adaptor.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

F/30 is pushing it a bit on Jupiter with my SPC900, whereas F/25 is just about OK. The DMK has a similar physical pixel size, so I would guess F/28 would be somewhere in between. The 7D has a 4.3 micron pixel size, so F/20 might be better. A 3x Meade TeleXtender might be better (1.25", but that is plenty for planetary work).

Thanks Michael... so, f/28, ie my 110 + 4x PM might be a bit out of the usability bracket? Yep, now, when I study the numbers, I understand. Whereas the 3x would be nearer the "comfort" zone of f/20, but should give me another 10% mag over the 2x? That would be useful, but how do the TeleXtenders rate against the PMs for optical quality?

/heads for Google...

Archived