Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can anybody get some more out of this image?

This is my Owl Cluster image, as it's my first real image I thought I would see what other could get out of the image.

I did do some stretching etc with the curves and levels but I could not get the histogram to really stretch out by much.

I have included the version of the tiff file straight from K3CCD after stacking and dark subtraction.

I just think there may be a bit more detail that can be brought out but if I try and stretch it more I keep getting a green hue which I assume is the oinboard CCD amp glow.

1335_normal.png

(click to enlarge)

Here is the post I made after I played about with the image:

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,17164.0.htmlI would be interested to see what an 'expert' ;) Can pull out of it.

23 frames captured in K3CCD 15@10sec 5@15sec 3@20sec AND I even remembered to take a Dark frame and subtract it

As you can see from the link I did manage to pull out a few extra stars, the problem I have is that when I use the curves screen then go back to levels there is always a line along the bottom all the way to white and your primer says not to move past this!

image.jpg

I've stretched the file as far as I can but I would really need the original tiff to take it any further. The line at the bottom of the histogram does end, apart from a few splutters about 3/4 of the way along. It wouldn't hurt to slide the R pointer over to this.

image.jpg

Thanks for trying Martin,

What else would you suggest I do next time? I take it more subs? Also I assume the idea is to have the longest sub without trailling then take loads of 'em?

I tried last night to get Andromeda but think that may have been aiming a little too high and there was a lotof light pollution last night. Think I may try for a few more clusters first to refine my technique ;)

Archived