Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD and a NEQ6

Tinker1947

I will be running PHD on my NEQ6 early part of next week with a ST80/Lodestar, the user guide for PHD seems easy to follow, are there any alterations required on the NEQ6 handset after the initial Date, Location are input atm i tick the "Solar Tracking" would this or any thing else require altering,,,,Thanks in advance....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to enter time, date, timezone, daylight saving time yes or no and lat long, No further alterations required. You should then do an initial alignment (1,2 or 3 star) and then the mount will begin SIDERIAL tracking without you doing anything. If you don't align, you can turn on siderial tracking yourself and it will track normally.

Solar tracking rate wont track the stars, as the sun moves at a different rate.....

I have the Lodestar and running PHD on the PC its seeing the CCD and appears to be working fine, when it come to moving the NEQ6 there's nowt happeneds, the mount is set for sidereal tracking and has been moved with the handset, when i press the buttons on the PHD screen to go in any of the 4 directions the mount doesn't move, but the red power light starts to flicker,,,,,anybody can throw some light on this, either a setting missing on the handset or something else, This also applies to the Lodestar software every things work but moving the mount, the mount moves in 3 Star align mode....Thanks....

Tinker, on my NEQ6 I press utility and if you press the up key the first option is PC Direct Mode, you allow the PC to take command, it will then tell you if you wish to revert to hand control you press Esc. Open PHD, connect your camera, open telescope and connect, it should now be in command of the mount. I have written this without seeing the handset so I will be wrong in what the handset says but the gist of the operation is correct.

Jim

I will tell you whats plugged in the Mount, so we have the Handset plugged in the Serial Connector, Power lead, The lead from the Lodestar in the Autoguide Port, The Handset is not connected to the PC, just the Mount....My thoughts were plug the USB lead from the Lodestar into the PC, the Autoguide cable from the Lodestar to the mount Autoguide, since then we have installed Ascom, Eqmod plus a Starlight Express driver....so what need to be done now,,,,,???

Everything works, but i can't manually move the mount using the PDH N,S,E and West pointers, the Power LED flickers on the Mount but if its moving i don't hear or feel anything....will try it outside later as its not got a guide star in my warmroom....just waiting for the clouds to clear.....thanks for the info, there's nothing on the Handset needs clicking, i have been setting it to Sidereal....???

Well its been working all the time, just so few updates and not having a guide star in daylight made me think it wasn't moving, still can't get the North,South, East and West to move but i can live with that a cure will come along, here's a 100 ISO, 600 Second Vega just done in Jpeg, with a nudge part way through when the cat decided to try climbing one of the Tripod legs......

IMG_1377.jpg

Archived