Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar Images 7th Sept in Ha

KE400

Hi Robin

Thanks for the kind comments.

I'm really enjoying the Lunt I have to admit. While imaging yesterday an airplane passed through the field of view and looked absolutely awesome, sad thing, was that I had just finished an imaging run and missed it!!! It would of been fantastic if I had caught it. Never mind, there's always a next time I suppose :smiley:

I was messing around with trying other barlows and trying different mags etc most of the morning. I think you're right about the 41, they must be in the next batch bound for FLO, I'm looking forward to how the images look using that compared to the 21. I'll certainly get more of the disk in the FOV. Conclusions of yesterdays messing around was that the x2.5 powermate seemed the best for results IMHO which is what these images are a result of.

Hi Kevin,

You have a real talent for solar imaging, keep those stunning pictures coming. I am having another good go with my PST before taking the plunge, I found the pentaprism was out of line. I think it will be a Lunt 60 Pressure tuner with the stock Crawford. Apparently they are really easy to upgrade to a Baader Steeltrack and then I might be able to use my USB focuser.

I have seen planes before, I am not far away from Newcastle flight path, but like you have never captured one, all I seem to get are birds flying across. The ISS is the thing to catch, but boy does it move fast.

Archived