Deep Sky Stacker question

kirkster501

Hey guys,

I created my first ever picture :laugh: Enjoy! Its very basic to you experts but soemthing special about your first picture! Its 6 exposures of 3 mins each stacked with DSS. Sure a lot to learn but at least I have my polar alignment and first pricciples right it appears. I am delighted with it!

I have some questions please? Why is there no colour? OK, maybe "post processing". I thought there might be a "save to jpeg" option in DSS but there isn't - only TIFF and another file type I dont know anything about. GIMP does not open the full file and shows much less detail as teh one below. A bit confused?

Rgds, Steve

post-16295-0-13672100-1347021176_thumb.p

Looks like you've got some nice detail in there. When you saved in DSS did you select apply or embed adjustments ? DSS processes raw files as greyscale and the output image looks grey. If you apply the adjustments this is what you get. To avoid it, go to the saturation tab and increase it to about +20%.

Archived