Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to test Atik 16ic guiding relays?

Spikey

I want to go back to using my Atik 16ic for guiding duties but I've been having difficulties getting any calibration to occur in the North/South plane.

For elimination purposes I've tried PHD & Maxim with the Atik16ic resulting in the same no calibration.

I've also tried the QHY5 with both software packages & using all the same cables with success.

This leads me to think that the relays in the Atik are not responding in the way they should and sending guiding commands to the mount properly.

Is there a simple way to test this in daylight :grin: I thought there was a way to send manual guide commands to the mount via Maxim or PHD but I can't see it.

I've had this trouble too. In my case it was a bent pin on the ST4 socket of the 16ic. I tweaked it back into place with a pin and fixed it for a while but it is no longer totally reliable and needs a new socket, I reckon.

In Astro Art you can nudge the guiding manually by pressing on one of four arrow keys. Maybe you could try this by downloading the tria AA software.

Olly

Thanks Olly, I'll double check the connector, it looks straight but could be a continuity issue.

Daz - If I see camera control translating into mount movement in all 4 axis when using guiding relays then I can probably safely assume that the camera is fine.

Could it be a case of listening for a pitch change in the motors with the NEQ6? the movement will be very slight.

Archived