NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trouble collimating a Heritage 130p

Guys, I'm after a bit of advice please.

I have a Heritage 130p which was collimated for me by my local shop before I bought it.

I have a Baader Cillimate and have tried to collimate following the included instructions.

I think I have done it ok but the problem I am having is,

When foccusing - screwing the focusser/large screw in and out it seems to move the laser dot all over the place.

I assume tshis is down to the play in the screw and its housing but is there anything I can do to tighten things up?

I have seen a post about wrapping plumbers ptfe tape around the screw but don't know if this would help or not.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

I don't have any experience with laser collimators, however the Heritage is quite easy to collimate using a Cheshire (even for a newb like me :grin: ). Plumbers tape might help a bit to make the focuser a little less wobbly as well as slightly smoother to use. I used that kind of tape when I owned the Heritage and it worked just fine.

Hi Rob ...

The PTFE tape worked a treat on my Heritage's focusser. Unfortunately I can't offer any advice on collimation as I've never felt the need to do it. The scope arrived collimated out of the box and has stayed that way ever since.

Cheers

Thanks Guys,

I tried the tape last night and it worked a treat. It takes the 'sloppiness' out of the focusser when in use.

I only needed to collimate it as I flocked the main tube and the light shield behind the eyepiece.

I also painted the back & sides of the secondary and its housing with blackboard paint while I was at it. It probably wont make much difference but I like modding things.

Cheers,

Rob.

Archived