NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

panaview v,s aero

faulksy

hoping to purchase a new e.p. tommorrow to replace my burgess 2"38mm what do you think would be the best the 40mm sw aero 68deg or the 38mm panaview 70deg. i know my scope is slow but who knows in the future what i might buy so looking at a keeper. also do you think above e.ps will me better than my burgess as its not that sharp of axis. thanks guys/gals

From the ones I've tried, I reckon the Panaview is optically the same as your Burgess but just in a different "wrapper". The Aero ED's are a, modest, step up again but in your SCT may not deliver much, if any improvement.

When I had a C8 SCT I used one of the Burgess 38mm's with it and found it a pretty good combination.

If you move to an F/6 or faster scope in the future then the Aero ED might deliver more "edge".

thanks john for quick reply. so probably not worth upgrading my burgess then ?

Well, in my opinion, not for a Panaview anyway. Unless you really value the glossier finish and twist up eye cup of the Panaview. The Aero ED's are lighter and have a similar finish and the twist up eyecup and do seem to have an edge over the Panaviews in performance. I guess they should though as they cost 50% more to buy.

just priced a aero up at my local shop 120 miles round trip £130 and they have one in stock or do i wait and get the 2"nirvana

Do you mean this Nirvana ? http://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/SkyWatcher_Nirvana_UWA_28mm_Eyepiece_2_.html

Looks like the William Optics 28mm. If you can afford it, it would be a better buy. Should you ever change your scope (you mention the possibility in the opening post) the Nirvana would work better in a faster scope than a 38/40mm EP, the very long focal length would give a huge exit pupil and a washed out sky from most locations. So I'd think about what scope could be in your future. I think John's advice is the one to follow regarding the original enquiry.

Hope you find a good solution, Ed.

Archived