Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Upgrade eq5 to pro problems

valleyman

Got a upgrade kit yesterday for a E5 to synscan Pro

Before we get all the normal did you do this did you do that etc etc. Everything was correctly input. Level, polar aligned, balanced, mm.dd.yyyy DST.yes location. time.

sent it on a 2 star align and it went no where near the target. manually adjusted and sent to 2nd target. no where near the target. Did 3 star same result. spent about 90 minutes checking and double checking beore the clouds rolled in.

Got up this morning having laid awake halk the night and decided it must be the power pack no charged enough. So connected the scope to a 240ac/dc connector this morning and nithing worked.

stripped the motors of the mount and connected each motor to the RA power line and tested them. Both motors are working OK.

intercahged the RA and DEC cables and tested again and still both working.

But when I connect both motors via the cables togeather as they should be. Nothing works. The problem seems to be connecting the Dec motor stops all working.

Have flashed the Handset twice.

so what little hair I have has now been pulled out.

Ok, the motors work with the battery but not the 12v ac/dc although I had used that on other setups I had.

Still getting alignment issues. Going to put the battery on charge for the rest of the day to see if it is a power issue.

Archived