Deep space question

I took delivery of my new eyepiece today for my skywatcher 250px it is a skywatcher 2" aero 30mm having taken it out tonight I was viewing the stars and saw many more stars than were visible with the naked eye

My question is does it take darker skies to see star clusters it was a full moon and my next door neighbours wonderful security light was in full flow what I saw was many individual stars but I am hoping that on a darker night with better conditions I will be able to see more

Thanks

Everything benefits from darker skies. Open clusters should still be visible under a full moon, though globulars will become more faint and harder to resolve.

I cant comment on the security light since i dont know the setup, but it certainly wont be helping. Maybe have a word and ask if they'l turn it off some nights or point it away.

the full moon wont help but you should be able to see most clusters due to there surface brightness, nebula and galaxys will be more difficult though as the sky will be similar colour to that type of dso so contrast will be weak

Archived