NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to polar align using CdC & EQMOD??

Hi

I have finally attempted and been successful in connecting my NEQ6 through EQMOD to Cartes du Ceil. I can now cotrol the mount via CdC but was wondering how do you actually go about polar aligning/ star testing when using this programme when 1st getting set up for the evening?

My normal routine has been, use the NEQ6 handset with a 2 star alignment once I've polar aligned and once set off, the mount aligns doing its thing for the 2 stars until giving the thumbs up of being aligned. Then off I go.......

How would I do this using CdC and then relying on it to control the mount during the session?

Might be a daft question but would appreciate any help/advice please on what I need do.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Thanks for the info guys, I spent last night going through all the very informative you tube clips.

@ Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to post all these clips, they are EXCELLENT :icon_salut: and must of taken you a lot of time and effort. For novices like me , they are invaluable so thanks again for all your effort and hard work.

Thanks for taking the time to post all these clips, they are EXCELLENT :icon_salut: and must of taken you a lot of time and effort. For novices like me , they are invaluable so thanks again for all your effort and hard work.

Glad you find them useful. They certainly do take a bit of time to prepare (despite my make it up as I go along approach) . However, since the videos have been around I've noticed a significant reduction in the amount of routine support issues that I've had to get involved with so I guess they've actually saved me time!

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris, thank you very much for your tutorials. I noticed that the HA time for polaris is different in my handset and the eqmod drive. Also I seem to have a different time in the computer and in the EQMod driver. How can I change this? Is it important?

Thanks

Juan

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Chris, thank you very much for your tutorials. I noticed that the HA time for polaris is different in my handset and the eqmod drive. Also I seem to have a different time in the computer and in the EQMod driver. How can I change this? Is it important?

Thanks

Juan

Hi Juan,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I seem to have missed this thread.

The handset comes up with a slightly different value for the polaris hour angle because it's calculations are based upon J2000 coordinates. EQMOD on the other hand precesses the coordinates to JNOW so is in fact more accurate.

Chris.

Archived