NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

quick look at Jupiter

Seafury

Hi guys managed to get a quick look at Jupiter last night for the first time last night using 120mm Bresser refractor and a celestron x cel lx 7mm eyepiece and whilst the disk appeared about the size of 1 new penny and was quite sharp I could only just,very faintly,pick out a couple of bands, my question is ,is this due to the fact that there was a very bright moon out, or that Jupiter was still quite low down or is that all I should see with my scope/eyepiece combo ?

thanks Gordon

I had my first view of the autumn a 3.20pm this morning. Not a bad view at all for the time if year. Good to see the Pleiades and Auriga clusters again too. I only had a short view as I had to get up really early to go to the Paralympics and only woke cos I had a stupid dream (Snakes believe it or not) saw it was clear and grabbed my franc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Archived