Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nagler 16mm T5 question

NGC 1502

Hi all, I'm wondering if any owners of the Nagler 16mm T5 know if it works well with a 2x barlow ?

I don't mean a powermate, but a regular 2x barlow, mines a TV 2x. Any vignetting apparent, or other problems ?

Some low to medium power eyepieces I have just don't barlow well, with heavy vignetting seen.

I know there's the 7mm or 9mm Nagler, which is probably the better option rather than a 16 + barlow.

Thanks in advance for any info, cheers, Ed.

Must admit I've only used mine with a Powermate, and it works very well indeed. I do have a Barlow somewhere I'll try it and let you know.

Cant see there would be any problem. I've certainly not heard of any problems Barlowing Naglers.

Must admit I've only used mine with a Powermate, and it works very well indeed. I do have a Barlow somewhere I'll try it and let you know.

Cant see there would be any problem. I've certainly not heard of any problems Barlowing Naglers.

Thanks Steve, the main issue I've had with barlowing low & medium power EPs has been vignetting the edge of the field of view. I do know that if using a barlow with a very low power EP that has a long eyereief then the eyerelief becomes excessively long, I don't think will be a problem with a 16 T5 as it is listed as having 10mm ER, so a bit more would be good.

It's the possible vignetting the edge of field I'm mainly wanting to know.

Thanks again, cheers, Ed.

Archived