Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

another EQMOD qst from me

Daniel-K

If by "speed of guiding" you mean how fast the mount moves during a guiding correction then you will find within the extended EQASCOM interface settings for both RA and DEC guide rates.

Not really sure what you are refering to with regard to the toolbox menu. EQASCOM itself has no menu structures. There is a toolbox application installed with EQASCOM but this is really only for house keeping tasks on the EASCOM support files and doesn't perform any mount control.

Chris.

to see if i can get longer unguided subs

Increasing the tracking rate will just introduce further errors though unless it's being done for a very good reason?

How long are you up to presently?

Does it matter which area of the sky you point at?

How good is your polar alignment?

just wanting to know what i can do to adjust the speed of tracking (im not auto guiding) is there a way to do this?

Yes, just use the custom tracking option (comet button) and set the desired RA and DEC rates (in arcsecs per sec) in the two entry boxes below the various buttons.

Alternatively you can make small adjustments to the RA tracking speed via the drift compensation slider.

Chris.

• my max is 90sec but on average 60secs,
  • i find i get longer subs pointing towards north east'ish
  • PA still having some trouble with it,not sure on how to use the feature in EQMOD no matter how long i try and match the image up in the reticule it seems way off, i even tried using the clocks last night after watching astronomy sheds walk-through thought i got it right and nope 2min sub was just trails :embarrassed:

• my max is 90sec but on average 60secs,
  • i find i get longer subs pointing towards north east'ish
  • PA still having some trouble with it,not sure on how to use the feature in EQMOD no matter how long i try and match the image up in the reticule it seems way off, i even tried using the clocks last night after watching astronomy sheds walk-through thought i got it right and nope 2min sub was just trails :embarrassed:

I use EQMod for PA and I find it very good.

To be honest I think you will improve more by getting the PA down rather than adjusting tracking settings :)

Have you tried the tutorial here? http://eq-mod.source...peAlignment.pdf

There's a Youtube video as well but I can't find it at present, Chris can probably point us at it?

Archived