Anyone near Bristol see what I just saw, passed Arcturus?

I just saw a bright white constant light pass Arcturus at about 22:15 aprox, it was brighter as it passed the said star heading SEE and turning more Southwards and rapidly fading until it dissappeared? The whole sighting was about 1 minute and the sloping off and fading in the last 10 seconds.

It never ceases to amaze me that the weather in Bristol can be so different from here. Between the two places is a gnat's whisker over forty miles, yet here the cloud is so thick that with the lights off I can hardly see anything at all even with dark-adapted eyes.

James

Yep I looked out at 2130 and was stunned to see a clear sky, went out soon after with just eyeballs and stared up as it darkened up - nice to just look without charts and optics sometimes - and had a really happy half an hour lost in contemplation. As I walked back inside I noticed a bank of cloud rolling across, so for once my timing was perfect :)

Archived