NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Perseid Meteor in Red channel During Bubble Exposure

Tom OD

Hi SGL,

Just thought I'd post this for fun. Its a single 10mins red frame of a mosaic I'm trying to do. The night before i spent the night out with a Canon xT rebel and I got nothing of note while Perseid hunting. This is probably the best one I have ever captured. Pure fluke of course, but it fits on the perfectly on the left hand side where there is not so much nebula in the way.

Wonder can I get it into the final msoaic. Its on the red channel but maybe I can reproduce it in the GB frames? It'll come out white the of course, so may lose its impact without colour balance from the other channels that would be synth'ed.

Tom.

post-4679-0-87100900-1345384401_thumb.jp

Interesting photograph Tom. Could be a short flare from a satellite. Is there a program or website to look for past satellite events? That would be handy. The trail looks very consistent, but still could be a meteor. A lovely catch if it is.

Thanks Jim,

I think there is a n Iridium website to let ou when the panels of satellites are turning (don't know its name of course). I just presumned it was a meteor as I was out on the night of the 12th doing this area, which wa sjust above the radient of the shower.

Archived