Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD Guiding

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, I had a good test session last night using ver.1.12.4, no star saturated nonsense at all. I also checked using a short USB cable and my 5m long active extension, both worked fine. Looking at the PHD version history I can't see any reason why I would need to use ver13.x so I'll carry on with 12.x

I wasn't sure which camera option to choose, either ASCOM or ASCOM(late). I chose ASCOM (late) and had "error reading image" failure after 20mins guiding twice (maybe that is the memory leak error mentioned in the version history?). I then tried the ASCOM camera option instead and that seemed to work fine for 45mins until I stopped 'cos it was time to go to bed.

Pete.

QHY5, ST80, EQ5 with modded ST4 port on hand controller.

Hello Roy, I am glad you are up and running well now. I would give 1.13.0 a try but have to ask where did you find it? I had a look in Craig Stark's index of old versions and couldn't see it there.

Pete.

Peter, part of the way down the PHD guiding page, between the Feature List and History sub-headings, there is a link to "Download PHD Guiding v1.13" which will take you to the download page. The download link for version 1.13.0 is the fourth entry in the list.

Good luck,

Roy

I used 1.13.0 for the first time last night, it worked well, thanks Roy. It was my first proper go with the 200P guided after shake down testing previously without the scope to iron out the problems, star saturated etc. I will post my shots as soon as I have stacked them.

Pete.

Archived