Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to control Baader Steeldrive focuser from Laptop or remotely??

Hi Folks

I'm after some more help/advice please. 1st time out trying to use my new Baader steeldrive focuser and had bought an elongated jack pin plug cable extension so as I could use the focuser remotely while at my laptop indoors. Sadly it didn't work, soon as I replaced with the original smaller cable the focuser was fine?!?! Spent the majority of last night attempting to figure out why and what I could do to correct and looked for drivers to connect focuser maybe via USB as it has a mini USB port but just couldn't find any kind of driver from Baader to my dissapointment.

Was up at 0230 to attempt some images of Jupe but frustratingly by the time the sun came up, I was all out of ideas, tired and very frustrated.

I attempted to install EQASCOM as I have a Hitecastro link which I've never figured out how to work yet but again just hit wall after wall of things not working out!!!

The final straw was when my handheld Sysnscan remote for my NEQ6 suddenly just went dead and I now can't get it to work unless I actually plug a power source into it directly. Not sure what's happened there either??

What a night, wish I never bothered getting up and set up tbh but won't let it beat me and will carry on until I get it sorted. Any help advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks, onwards and upwards......................................hopefully :huh:

Your Steel Drive should have had a driver disk in the box which contains the ASCOM 6 application, the driver and Baaders own SteelGo app.

As for the handset cable, I would imagine the extension cable you have purchased has not got the same number of connectors as the cable.

The EQASCOM is not for the focuser, it is for the mount!

How are you powering the mount? From a battery pack or the mains?

Archived