Strange sighting during perseid shower.

I'm a novice stargazer, and have been using my binoculars for a while observing the incredible night sky for about a year.

While watching the shower Saturday night/Sunday morning at about 1 am myself and 3 other friends observed a strange light that was located to the right of the upper right corner star of the big dipper.

At first it looked to me like any other star in the sky and then it got confusing. I believe (I could be mistaken on this part) I saw blinking lights which led me to believe that it was a plane, it never really moved but it got visibly brighter then faded away. Very odd.

While I'm not attempting to start a UFO thread, being that this was during the perseid shower, did anyone else witness this?

By the way I am located in the United States in the state of Indiana in a small city called Muncie. The dipper was just fully over the horizon in the northern sky for location clarification. There was not any light pollution at this time.

Any ideas or knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It could have been a point source meteor, but whether it might have been associated with the Perseids is another matter.

It may have been a sporadic. Point source is one that enters earths atmosphere head on as you observe it, and brightens as it burn up.

There will be no trailing as with meteors that hit the earths atmosphere horizontally.

This is a possble explanation only.

Ron.

I forgot all about that lol. Maybe Muncie is a hotbed lol.

I can't for sure say it was blinking lights but it sure seemed like it. The only problem I have with he head on meteor is that it stayed lit for much much longer than any I had seen that night. It was way longer than 1-2 seconds like the perseid. I can see it being a satellite definitely but at that height and time in the sky is it actually viewable from that angle?

It was between 1-2 am.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Archived