Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 6se dew shield

Good morning from the UK :smiley:

The simplest way to help with dewing is a dewshield made from camping mat foam. It is readily available from camping/outdoor shops, very light, cuts easily with scissors and does not absorb water. Next, a 12 volt 'hairdryer' can help, you would need a power pack for that. These 'hairdryers' are next to useless for their intended purpose, but the gentle warmth is fine to get rid of dew from optics. The ultimate is a dewband, this is a low heat band that fits around the outside of the tube to keep the optic just above ambient temp. Power pack needed for that too.

HTH, Ed.

Edit - link to show anti dew products http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dew-prevention.html

i bought a dew shield for the 6se i had, as menthioned above a lightweight camping mat cut to size works just as well, i also have tried the hairdryer with success, this does seem to keep the dew away for some time until you have to do it again, as for fit and forget go for the dew bands, simple put them on low when starting a session and if it does get alot cooler in the night just turn up the heat alittle more, these are great but does require more equipment and money compaired to the cheaper two options

Archived