Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200pds & Sony Nex 3

pringlepowell

Hi

Having an issue trying to photograph using the above two tools, I have an HEQ5 mount so tracking is not a problem, but it seems as though the Nex 3 sensor is too far from the secondary mirror, so no matter how much I try to focus, all I am getting is the open end of the telescope. Help! By the way I'm doing prime focus photography, which wasn't a problem with my previous Mak Cass.

Are you connecting the t-adapeter directly to the focuser or are you using a nosepiece in the eyepiece adapter.

ie

camera > t-adapter > focuser

or

camera > t-adapter > 1.25" or 2" nosepiece > 1.25" or 2" eyepiece adapter > focuser.

If you unscrew the eyepiece adapter from the focuser you should see a male t-thread on the focuser adapter (the part that goes into the focuser). Attach the t-adapter directly to the focuser adapter and the camera should be close enough to reach focus.

Peter

Archived