NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

how to do timelapse of milky way?

Hi guys, I been trying to find some info on the above topic about doing timelapse photography of the milky way. I did find a link to the subject by Asign_Baz but seems im unable to view it ogkw....

Any help will be greatly received.

Many Thanks & clear skies all...

That's not very clear, is it? :)

Do you mean taking multiple exposures over a long period of time to make a video sequence, or lots of long exposures in sequence to stack and create a single image?

James

So your intention is to produce a video that shows something along the lines of the Milky Way rising (for the sake of argument) on the left of the frame, travelling overhead and setting on the left of the frame?

James

Ive done some timelapse, if you have an eos get this timer its £13 and has good reviews ive got one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003FWFGZO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Put your cam on a tripod, set all the cam settings to manual, set the exposure length on the cam, and intervals and number of shots on the remote. Use adobe cs5 open sequence option to create the video, make sure the files the cam takes are saved as jpegs as conveting all the raws to jpegs after will take aaaaaages. Maybe you can find software to make a timelapse directly from raw.

Get a lens with as wide a aperture as you can afford.

Archived