Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starwave ED80

I've bought one second user. So far I'm very happy with it for the money paid. I've noticed a few people have given this scope bad reviews because it's not good in the blue channel. That hasn't shown as a problem yet but I'm using it mainly visual. I do plan to use it with my DSLR when the chance arrives and just wonder what filter or other mod would anyone recommend to improve this scope

TIA

Tom

It would be hard to justify the price of a semi apo filter to correct the blue channels because when you add the price of that to the price of the scope you may as well of bought a well corrected doublet in the first place.

Personally I'd not bother getting a filter, and fix the blue issues in post processing.

Personally I'd not bother getting a filter, and fix the blue issues in post processing.

As above- remove any offending blue halo's with a mouse click in post processing. I also have a second hand OTA and find it quite usefull.

Here's a recent picture through mine- some blue halos but not disasterously bad. An 80mm triplet would have cost me another £500.

DSCF5089_edit.jpg

As above- remove any offending blue halo's with a mouse click in post processing. I also have a second hand OTA and find it quite usefull.

Here's a recent picture through mine- some blue halos but not disasterously bad. An 80mm triplet would have cost me another £500.

and a properly corrected ED80 would of cost you only a little more ;)

Nowt wrong with those that a few mouse click can't fix a bit guiding. Personally I thing I got a real bargain with mine. I don't think there are many people who get a great image first time with no post processing so I'm happy that the Starwave can produce as good an image with so little processing :)

Archived