Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Round and Round in Circles.

Earl

Really fed up at present, I have two issues which I am really struggling with.

Even guided my subs have small trails, the RA is out on my EQ6 and I cant seem to tinker it out.

Then with my Televue Reducer / Flattener going from 50mm to 60mm spacing (its recommended is 50 +-4) I cannot for the life of me get a flat image.

Attached is a single 300s Luminance Sub which shows both issues very clearly.

post-6688-0-38233100-1343758799_thumb.jp

Its wierd that your bottom corners aren't as bad as your top corners. So maybe your reducer isn't square? Just a first thought. Can't suggest anything on the mount as I got no experience with that.

nmushon and Cat, this is something im really going to look into, the TRF reducer and the Compression ring on the focuser dont appear to be a good match as I think the ring is sitting a touch over the lip of the safety cut-out on the barrel of the reducer. However im seriously looking at a different reducer anyway as I have never ever had joy with the TRF in any scope.

Sologuitarist61, its these little finishing touches that make the difference, getting them cracked is the mission :)

Hi Earl, is your flattner this : - Tele Vue 0.8x Reducer/Flattener TRF-2008 ? i don't know too much about these products but i internet window shop for gear i can't have yet :-(, i read somewhere (if it is that one) that the CCD chip must be 55mm +/- 2mm to the flange surface for best results, so i gather 53mm - 57mm to be ideal.

Just thought i'd try to give you some options as you helped me out earlier, hope that's ok.

All the best

Archived