Sunspots 29/7/12

MJWales

Both of those images are excellent. The second one has a bucket load of details. Way better than I've managed in white light.

I must admit that I find white light solar imaging really quite difficult.

Well done.

Ant

Both of those images are excellent. The second one has a bucket load of details. Way better than I've managed in white light.

I must admit that I find white light solar imaging really quite difficult.

Well done.

Ant

I have to agree. I find it really difficult to get the image details that others seem to manage with ease, though I follow other peoples methodoligy (when given) as closely as I can. Not sure if it is the scope of rubbish technique. :embarrassed:

Shoot loads of frames then throw most of them away................ :p

Then go through what's left and throw most of them away............ :p

Simples.................... :evil:

Hehe - I'll have to remember that. :grin:

Thanks for the comments - I'm really just starting out on this so the encouragement is most welcome.

For the record - kit used was Tal 100RS, Lunt 1.25" herschel wedge, Baader solar continuum filter, DFK 31 cam. Around 30-45 seconds .avi's run through Registax, levels,false colour & sharpening in Photoshop.

Archived