I cannae take it any more...

JamesF

Looks like it should be a clear night and not that bad once the moon sets. I'm keen to spend some time working on some widefield imaging too, but I think my body has just had enough. I've been out until the small hours for seven nights out of the last eight and whilst the spirit is more than willing, I've just woken up having fallen asleep at my desk.

Perhaps it is time to give in gracefully and get an early(-ish) night.

James

I've just looked outside and after four late nights this week I also "canna take no more", I need some sleep, but I could just have a look for an hour......couldn't I?...... :undecided: My brain is fried though.....even my wife has given up trying to get me to go to bed. Typing is hard work........"Just what do you think you are doing, Dave?" Oh dear I've started to quote sci-fi films, "Live long and prosper" and sleep tight.......don't let the bed bugs bite..........etc....etc...etc.

Yes, clouds can save our health, at some point. After a number of hort nights yesterday the thunder made it clear. Beautiful sight also, I love an active thunderstorm in a warm summers night!

I've been out until the small hours for seven nights out of the last eight and whilst the spirit is more than willing, I've just woken up having fallen asleep at my desk.
Sounds like you could do with a spot of observatory automation.

I'm told that the state-of-the-art in OA is to be get your computer to work out what's visible, that you haven't observed before. Have your observatory open at the prescribed time (assuming it's clear), automatically image the targets, close the obsy down again, stack, align and process the images, post them to an astronomy website and then clean up all the files off your computer - all without any human intervention!

All while you get a good nights sleep - safe in the knowledge that your "hobby" is doing all the work for you. Next step would surely be for it to sign on to SGL on your behalf and imitate your writing style to reply to all the posts that are in your fields of interest.

This post was created by Astro-automation v10.0.1 Clear skies, all.

Archived