Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101

rfdesigner

Hi

I'm slowly getting the imaging a little better... last time I shot m101 was on film.

anyway

29 x 4 minutes with the 383L+ on the 12"

processed in IRIS.. really needs Photoshop or PixInsight etc.

any advice welcome

Derek

post-8988-0-56154100-1343343708_thumb.jp

Thanks Lewis

I used two lots of of deconvolution, one algoithum that leaves a slight halo and one that leaves a dark ring, by balancing them I've manage to somewhat balance their impacts. As I don't yet have a coma corrector I'm finding deconvolution starts to break down away from the centre of the image as the star profiles change.

as I said.. I really need a full blown processing package... and a coma corrector.

Thats a good attempt, this is a difficult galaxy to image, very very faint...

thanks.. you're not kidding about it being faint.. I can set my camera to 8x8 binning, making it effectively 64 times more sensitive to broad objects. I was running 1 second images in 8x8 when trying to find the galaxy to image and it hardly showed up at all, I could only confirm I'd got it with 4 second images.

I should add, this is my first 'fast asleep image' taken while I was in bed... makes domestic life a whole lot more acceptable.

Derek

Archived