Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M16

dmahon

Another M16.

Decided to give my Equinox 120 an outing (rather than my usual Equinox 80). I still only have a couple of hours of darkness, but I have hardly imaged since I got my new camera so I was desperate to put something together. I really ought to be more patient. It was also an experiment with binning the RGB (aligning the stacks was then painful - I went a very roundabout way with DSS getting it to save calibrated frames and then aligning them against the L stack, after it had been reduced in photoshop)

Here is about 2 hours worth of LRGB (RGB binned x2) and 10 minutes processing.

9f3c826c-cccc-4570-a4d8-1cfbd3362631_thumb.png

Very nice. There's a lot of H-alpha also in the Eagle, so you may want ot think about adding a layer of this to complement & bring out even more detail from the nice LRGB you have.

There is, isn't there.

I got 2 hours worth (4x30m) last night.

4f3f1f1e-4b29-405a-8486-62797c906d1d_thumb.png

Excellent shot :) I thik Ha is the thing for this object. I had a short go on it in the early hours this morning in colour befor I lost it behind the trees.

Added 2 hours of OIII and SII (30mins x 2 each)

11c35b75-99ce-4ca0-af9b-52eaabb660bd_thumb.png

Unfortunately there are a few clouds about tonight, so I haven't bothered to set up. Oh for an observatory where I could be up and going in 5 minutes (and packed away in 5 minutes if it proves to be a waste of time).

Archived