Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Dob images.

Keener_7

I picked up a second hand SW200 a couple weeks back and only got to use it once due to weather and work. I did manage to get a couple quick shots of the moon with my DSLR and 2X barlow just to see if it was possible. Theses were taken July 7th.

Here is a single portion single shot of the moon.

post-24036-0-87554100-1342905961_thumb.j

Here is a bunch of the images I took and then stitched together; I seem to be missing a piece or two!

post-24036-0-51012400-1342906080_thumb.j

The quality of the images have been reduce in order to upload them to the site;

Now that I know that I can get some decent moon shots with my current equipment I cant wait to get out there to take my time and give it a real go.

The camera was a cannon 1000D connected using a T ring and adapter. The setting I'm not sure as I was just doing a simple test to see what kind of results I could achieve using my Dob. I really only had the camera attached for about 10mins. The stitched image consist of about 15 pics using different exposure and iso settings. In the next few weeks I'm hoping to take my time and get some nice shots.

Archived