M16, Olly's version.

ollypenrice

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I have a cleaned up version on which to try a deconvolution. To be honest it isn't a routine I have used very often but I do have a programme which seems to do it well.

No worries about the post on here. I'm not 'precious' about images. The sky is free - even if the kit isn't!!

Olly

Tip: You should try astra image (you can download a trial) with lucy richardson deconvolution using the moffat method (it shows in the program) that will work the best...

Thanks, I have Astra Image and had tried it after your earlier post. I have to do a bit of the image at a time or it crashes Ps for me but it worked. Much appreciated!

Olly

BEST-CLAW-WEB-XL.jpg

Lucy Richardson uses a known point spread function so yes it will work on non linear data but you have the risk of inventing detail as the PSF is not related to the equipment you took the image with but to the stretches and star manipulation you did in PS.

Anyway it looks great, so it doesn't matter :grin: (though I really don't see lots more of detail only more contrast, which can be gathered in more traditional ways)

Olly, you can also use PI to do deconvolution if astra is giving you trouble.

Yves.

Déjà arrive, route très facile :evil:

I was comparing to my version, sorry for the confusion ...

But it doesn't matter to each it's own. I prefer smart sharpen and HP LP filtering in PS ...

For the stars well you I have another solution, small and colorful :grin:

Yves

I have a deconvolve action by a different author and it handles that image in one piece without troubling PS, or were you dealing with a much larger version of the posted image?. It pauses in each of two passes to allow me to tweak the settings if I wish, and then it drops it as a layer.

This allows me to change blending mode (overlay and soft light seem to be best) and opacity anywhere between 50 and 65% seems to give a nice gentle lift.

Below is overdone, I think, left at blending mode normal and full opacity to show the full effect - but it can easily be softened to anywhere from this all the way back to your original just with blending and opacity.

post-23222-0-71528700-1342904471_thumb.p

I just pulled up the Hubble 'Pillars of Creation'.

It's scary just how close this is getting.. there's a fillament that looks pretty thin on the HST image and yet this still just shows in the image above.

Derek

I want a mesu!

Archived