Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webcam drivers for Windows 7?

lukebl

Hi all. After reading another thread, I realised that an old webcam I've got lying around, a Creative NX Ultra, this one ....

20.jpg

....has the same CCD sensor as the old Phillips Vesta Pro and the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000. I've even got a nosepiece which fits it. However, it seems that there are no drivers for the NX Ultra to work under Windows 7, or anything later than Windows XP. Any idea if it would be possible to get it to work on my Windows 7 computer?

The comments at the bottom of this page suggest that the instructions at the top of the page work for win7 32-bit, but if you're 64-bit it looks like you're on a loser I'm afraid:

http://www.ntcompati...ra_windows.html

James

Blimey. It works! Thanks a lot, mate. I've tinkered with it on and off for a couple years, but never got it to work till now. Seems fine in Sharpcap. Just need to try it out for real.

Great stuff.

Archived