Imaging with ST102

I've never tried it with mine. The assumption is that the colour correction needs to be better for colour imaging. I have in the past wondered if the ST range might work for mono imaging with filters, but you'd need to refocus after each colour and by the time you've bought the camera and filters and perhaps a filter wheel then a new scope isn't looking so expensive :) The focuser might need a little love (or more) before putting much load on it, too.

James

Yeah - those images are awesome... but I'd imagine it takes skill and patience in roughly equal measure and plentiful quantity to get those kind of results...

Proves it can be done though!

Thanks guys but I have found this link that answers my question, it seems DSO imaging is more than possible with a ST102:

http://stargazerslou...s-dso-showcase/

Thanks for the link. I was beginning to wonder if I had bought the right scope for imaging, but that is what can be done with an ST102, then I should be more than happy with my ST120 (and hopefully the Revelation 80 as well)

• 6 months later...

hi andy, im just a noob to all this astro imaging stuff. I just recently took an image of the star vega. its far from the best but im well chuffed with it. the image was taken with an st102 with nikon d3100 on an eq3 synscan mount. 30 sec exposure processed with GIMP software.

post-14831-0-60530400-1359054839_thumb.p

Archived