Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What exactly will I need to order?

Ok, I know my setup isn't ideal for imaging, I've read soooo many threads on the bare minimum for AP being an HEQ5 or EQ6. BUT! Since I have a Cannon 1100D and a 200P EQ5 GOTO it just seems daft not to have a play :) My question of course is what in total do I need to order to fit the camera to the scope? Also what software would you all recommend?

Dave.

You're lucky as I have a Celestron C8 XLT and I have to buy an adaptor as well as a t-ring which brings my spend with my camera (1100d), tripod, scope and a few other bits to a grand total of £2,100! Quite an expensive hobby as I'm only 19 years old and only get paid £5.45 an hour! Although I do work every hour god sends to keep my hobby going. Saw Saturn for the first time through the new scope and it was fantastic, just wish I'd ordered my adapter in time for it because I think I may have got a few decent images albeit a webcam would be better but I haven't got a blimming film cannister anywhere!

You're lucky as I have a Celestron C8 XLT and I have to buy an adaptor as well as a t-ring which brings my spend with my camera (1100d), tripod, scope and a few other bits to a grand total of £2,100! Quite an expensive hobby as I'm only 19 years old and only get paid £5.45 an hour! Although I do work every hour god sends to keep my hobby going. Saw Saturn for the first time through the new scope and it was fantastic, just wish I'd ordered my adapter in time for it because I think I may have got a few decent images albeit a webcam would be better but I haven't got a blimming film cannister anywhere!

Pop into your nearest 'Boots' and ask at the Photo counter , they usually have hundreds to get rid of and are glad to let you have them , they only get chucked into the recycling bin.

Pop into your nearest 'Boots' and ask at the Photo counter , they usually have hundreds to get rid of and are glad to let you have them , they only get chucked into the recycling bin.

I'd just like to second this. The girl on the photo counter was only too pleased to give me as many as I wanted. I just took half a dozen ..... I'm not sure what I would have done with a couple of hundred! :D

Archived