Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Case for C9.25 ota

I seem to remember this question being posted a while ago, but cannot find it, so I though I would ask again. I want to sort out a case for my new c9.25 ota, but the cost of the official case is crazy. I recall that someone suggested using a large Stanley toolbox that can be bought from B&Q. It had wheels as well and you can put the packing material from the shipping box directly into the toolbox, then the ota fits into that.

Not the reminder you are looking for but Jim's Mobile Inc in the US makes cases for a range of scopes including the 9.25" OTA (1st case on the link below), but it is very expensive (perhaps more so than the offcial) and you would face import duty and tax if you decided to purchase it.

http://www.jimsmobile.com/buy_cases.htm

Clear skies,

Thanks Dirk,

Yeah I had seen the Jim's Mobile ones and they are silly money as well. I do have a fleece lined soft case that I had when I was playing drums in a band, but it might be a bit of a squeeze due to the ota being 22" long and the case being only around 18". Although it would comfortably fit the diameter, so with the bag being soft and flexible it might go in with a squeeze. i'll check it out when to scope arrives. Was just trying to get a feel for things beforehand.

Cheers

I have a Peli 1500 for my SV80s and a Peli storm im2500 for travelling. Both are excellent cases. The im2500 proved its worth when I came back from Japan. A plastic souvenir stapler stored outside the case (the peli case and everything else was inside my rucksac) was smashed, but everything inside the case survive the journey without any problem.

The Peli 1640 cost £310 with foam, which works out a bit cheaper than the JMI case, but it's still quite expensive.

Archived